1. Applications for a retest with special accommodations or for special accommodations in an additional test
Applicants who have already taken PET, AMIR or MITAM with special test accommodations and who want to take a retest of one of the tests should act according to the following instructions:
- Register for the test.
- You must send the questionnaire for those who have already taken a test with special accommodations (male/female). The questionnaire should be mailed to P.O. Box 26015, Jerusalem 9126001 or faxed to 02-6750640, marked “Attn: BAMOT Unit”, or emailed to email@example.com.
- N.B. When you log onto the NITE website, you can check “status history” to confirm that the documents you sent have been received and to track the current status of your request.
- If the status of an application sent by fax is not updated on the website within two working days, the fax probably did not reach the intended recipient and you should resend it.
- N.B. If you apply to take an additional test with special accommodations for a medical or mental disability, you must check that the professional opinions submitted in the past are up to date, not more than a year before the date of the test for which you are now registering (see Step 3 - Documents to Submit). If the professional opinion submitted in the past is more than a year old, you must submit a new one, following the instructions in “Registration Process”.
- If the letter approving special accommodations for the previous test date required you to submit additional documents, please include these additional documents in your current application.
- You do not have to resend documents submitted in a previous application.
- If you have additional or updated documents, please include them with your application and mail all the documents together.
- Processing documents sent after the initial request for a retest with special accommodations will entail a supplementary fee (see Submitting Additional Documents and Appealing the Decision of the BAMOT Unit, below).
- Your request will be reconsidered on the basis of the documents you submitted in the past, and you will receive an answer within 25 working days.
Requests for special test accommodations, including requests for a retest with special accommodations, the submission of additional background material, and appeals, must be received by the BAMOT Unit no later than the registration deadline for the test. These dates are listed in the Test Administration Schedule.
2. Submitting additional documents or appealing against the BAMOT Unit’s decisions
Every applicant is entitled to one thorough review, at no extra charge, of an application to take the PET, AMIR, or MITAM with special test accommodations. In most cases, the documentation you sent is independently assessed by at least two professionals with the intention of obtaining a clear understanding of your situation and allowing you take the test under the conditions appropriate for you. Therefore, an appeal submitted without any additional information is unlikely to receive a positive response.
If you appeal against the BAMOT Unit’s decision or send additional documentation (even only one document) for a second review, your entire case will have to be reconsidered by the professional staff. For this reason, applicants who appeal a decision or who submit additional documents after the initial request are charged a supplemental fee of 220 NIS. This fee can be paid on the NITE website.
It is possible to appeal against the decision for a second time. A second appeal will not be considered unless an additional professional opinion is submitted.
N.B. Additional documents or appeals must be mailed to NITE and will only be processed if they are received by the registration deadline for your preferred test date. Appeals or additional material sent by fax will not be processed!
3. Changing your test date
If you have registered for any test and want to change the test date, you can do so by logging on to the NITE website, or by applying to the appointments center by telephone, as explained below:
- A request for change of date received before the registration deadline for the test you are registered for is free of charge.
- After the registration deadline for the test you are registered for, the date may be changed only after a week has elapsed from the test date. Such a change request will incur a service charge of 18% of the test fee at the date of the change.
If you have been authorized for special test accommodations and you request a change of date, you will need to make a request for special test accommodations at the new date. You will need to fill out the “re-request” form and submit it to the BAMOT unit, according to the instructions for submitting an application for special test accommodations. Further details may be found here.