Important Information Concerning Special Test Administration of the Psychometric Entrance Test, to Be Held February 15-16, 2024
In light of the war and the security situation, NITE has decided, in cooperation with the universities, to hold a special test administration of the Psychometric Entrance Test (PET) on Thursday and Friday, February 15-16, 2024. The test will be held in accordance with Home Front Command guidelines and the security situation at the time.
To register for the special test administration, click here (registration is open to everyone). Registration will close on Wednesday, January 3, 2024.
Examinees who wish to submit an application for test accommodations for this special test administration are asked to follow these guidelines. Tests with special accommodations will be given on the same days as the regular test and during the three weeks after it.
Students Registered for the Winter (December) 2023 Test Administration
- Examinees who are registered for the Winter (December) 2023 test administration and would like to take the test during the special test administration should log onto the website by November 12, 2023 in order to change their test date to the special test administration. Changing your test date will not entail a service charge. Examinees who change their test date to the special test administration cannot reverse their decision.
- You may not take the test during the Winter 2023 test administration as well as during the special test administration. Examinees who take the test during the Winter 2023 test administration and also register for the special test administration will have that registration cancelled. You may take the test during the special test administration as well as during the Spring 2024 test administration or any other future test administration.
- Examinees who are registered for the Winter 2023 test administration and who cannot take the test may change their test date to the special test administration beginning 10 days after the test was given and until registration for the special test administration closes.
- Examinees who received approval for special test accommodations for the Winter 2023 test administration and who change their test date to the special test administration will automatically receive the approved special test accommodations. There is no need to contact NITE’s Special Test Accommodations Unit.
- Examinees who wish to appeal the decision of the Special Test Accommodations Unit regarding the Winter 2023 test administration, or to add documents to their applications, should register separately for the special test administration and submit a new application. Registration for the Winter 2023 test administration can be cancelled by logging onto the website; the registration fee will be refunded in full.
Requests for Special Test Accommodations Stemming from the Swords of Iron War
Examinees who register for the special test administration and who need special test accommodations because they were adversely affected by the Swords of Iron War may submit a request for special test accommodations if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Residents of border communities in the south or the north, residents of communities in the Gaza periphery, and evacuees from those communities
- Soldiers in regular service or those who were called up for reserve duty because of the war
Applicants from either of the above groups should attach a personal letter to their application for special test accommodations; the letter should describe the reasons for their request, a detailed description of the harm they suffered as a result of the war, and the potential impact that harm will have on their ability to take the test. All applications will be carefully read by a multidisciplinary team of psychologists and experts in learning disabilities and tests with special accommodations who will make decisions vis-à-vis special test accommodations while maintaining fairness and uniformity towards all applicants.
The personal letter attached to the application for special test accommodations should be uploaded onto the website, in accordance with these guidelines.
The last day to receive applications and the accompanying documentation is the registration deadline for the special test administration: January 3, 2024.