The National Institute for Testing and Evaluation (NITE) and the Israel Center for Medical Simulation (MSR), the organizations responsible for running medical school admissions tests, comply with Purple Badge (Tav Sagol) requirements and Ministry of Health guidelines. The purpose of this document is to describe the procedures and rules necessary to administer the Personal-Biographical Questionnaire and to run the Assessment Center during the coronavirus epidemic in a way that is safe and that minimizes the risk of exposure and infection.
Each examinee must take his or her temperature before leaving home. Do not leave home if any of the following apply:
● You have any symptoms of COVID-19.
● You must be in quarantine according to Ministry of Health guidelines (this includes having any illness accompanied by a fever, as stated in the Public Health Order (home isolation) paragraph 2 א 1).
● You a confirmed coronavirus patient (and have not yet recovered).
Some of the university campuses will require you to complete an electronic health declaration on the day of the test. It should be noted that you may enter those campuses only after presenting the declaration to security personnel manning the gate. A list of campuses requiring a health declaration and the appropriate links appears at the end of this document.
In addition, security personnel at the entrance to the universities will take the temperature of everyone entering the campus. Entry will be denied to anyone whose temperature is 38֠ C or higher.
Health declaration on the day the Personal-Biographical Questionnaire is given
On the day that the Personal-Biographical Questionnaire is given, all candidates must sign a printed health declaration. Please fill out the Health Declaration for Examinees Completing the Personal-Biographical Questionnaire, print it out, bring it with you on the day of the test, and sign it that day. You should present this form when you are admitted to the test room - not at the entrance to the university campus or at the entrance to Hadassah Medical Center Ein Kerem.
Health declaration on the day the Assessment Center takes place
On the day the Assessment Center is given, all candidates must sign a printed MSR Jerusalem or MSR Tel HaShomer health declaration. Please fill out the MSR Health Declaration, print it out, bring it with you on the day of the test, and sign it that day. You should present this form when you are admitted to the test site.
Please note: You must fill out TWO health declarations and bring the appropriate one to each of the two test days you have been summoned to.
● Take into account that security personnel at each campus will be taking the temperature of everyone entering that campus; it is anticipated that this will cause delays.
● We recommend that you arrive at the entrance to the university at least one hour (or more) before the test is scheduled to begin. Anyone who is late will not be tested!
● In order to avoid people from congregating, no one should accompany you to the campus.
● One you have entered the campus, you must comply with Ministry of Health guidelines at all times, including the time you are taking the test. Everyone at the test site must have a mask and wear it at all times.
● Please go to your assigned test room immediately upon entering the campus and sit inside the room. Do not wait in the hallways.
● Upon entering and leaving the test room, every examinee must disinfect his or her hands by washing them with soap and water, or by applying hand sanitizer or any other permissible disinfectant.
● Examinees will be asked by their proctor to briefly remove their mask for purposes of identification.
● The proctor will show examinees where to sit, maintaining a distance of at least two meters between examinees.
● The deans of the medical schools have decided that:
- Every examinee must wear a mask during the entire test. An examinee who refuses to wear a mask will not be allowed to continue with the test.
- It is prohibited to eat during the test.
- Examinees may drink during the test but they will not receive extra time or breaks to do so.
● An examinee who must leave the test room to use the restroom must stay in the same area of the building and must maintain a distance of two meters from other examinees.
Once the test is over, please exit the campus immediately in order to prevent people from congregating.
Wishing you the best of luck,
Tel Aviv University, Bar Ilan University, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, The Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Ariel University, and the National Institute for Testing and Evaluation
Examinees going to Bar Ilan University must fill out a health declaration.
Examinees going to Ariel University must download the app.
Sign in as a guest and before arriving at the campus, take your temperature and fill out the health declaration in the app.
Examinees going to The Technion must fill out a health declaration.
Upon entering the Faculty of Medicine, you must scan the barcode and indicate you have entered the building. Upon leaving the building, you must again scan the barcode and indicate you have left the building. Please make sure you have a program for scanning barcodes installed on your mobile phone. For your convenience, the links for indicating your entry and exit follow:
Candidates taking the test at The Technion are asked to read all of the relevant information.